The successful candidate will start in the central R&D team of Hendrix Genetics for a trainee period of up to two years and be involved in the further development of our breeding programs. The initial working location will be at the Hendrix Genetics head office in Boxmeer, The Netherlands. Travelling and temporary secondments to other locations worldwide will be part of the trainee period. The trainee period is intended to prepare the candidate for a permanent position within the company. The central R&D team of Hendrix Genetics is headed by Johan van Arendonk. The successful candidate will directly report to him.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Execution of R&D projects in animal breeding and genetics
- Assist and support the execution and development of different breeding programs of Hendrix Genetics worldwide
- Work at different locations
Qualification and experience/your profile
- MSc in Animal Genetics or Animal Science with strong affiliation with animal breeding and genetics.
- Flexibility to work in different cultures and locations worldwide.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and preferably proficiency in other world-leading languages
- Ability to pro-actively work in project teams
- Motivated to contribute to innovations in animal protein production chains
- Being open to training and development opportunities
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae before May 22nd 2017.
Please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org attn.: Peter Pluk, Director of Human Resources.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Johan van Arendonk at +31 485 801 911 or by email: Johan.email@example.com