In the Hatchery Maintenance role for our new Beatrice Nebraska hatchery, you will be one of the first employees to work in the facility in its initial stages of set up. Once production starts, you will be responsible for an extensive range of work in the area of repair and general maintenance. Reporting to the Hatchery Manager you will work within established procedures to complete routine duties concerning the hatchery building and equipment. Communicating efficiently in both verbal and written form will be necessary to complete work instructions. Bringing solid knowledge of mechanical systems and experience with power and hand tools will lead to your success in this role.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Perform repair or general maintenance work on structures such as hatchers and setters
- Troubleshoot and repair to ventilation, heating and air conditioning units
- Report mechanical malfunctions to third parties
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies including spare parts
- Respond to building & equipment alarms as needed
- Responsible for on-call duties as required
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems
- Base skills and knowledge of electrical, plumbing or other trades
- High school education, trade school
- Valid driver's license
- 3-5 years experience in equipment/facility maintenance roles
- Ability to plan and organize maintenance schedules
- Able to efficiently use power and hand tools
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a resume via email email@example.com
This job is located in Beatrice, Nebraska USA
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Barbara Novosad at +1 519-578-2740 ext 245 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org