New position and new facility in Beatrice NE
As the Hatchery Manager at our new facility in Beatrice Nebraska you will have the operational responsibility of the hatchery to ensure performance is at the highest possible level resulting in superior quality poults being delivered to our customers. Your adept level of planning and organization along with efficient time management will be necessary to handle potential issues with fertility and hatchability. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the operations team. Bringing us a high level of commitment to thoroughly understand Hybrid products will lead to your success in this role.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Responsible for planning and organizing day-to-day operations of the hatchery
- Responsible for the incubation process including setting, hatching and the overall poult quality
- Plan execution of the delivery of our product
- Identify potential problems of fertility, hatchability and report as required
- Prepare and deliver the annual budget
- Management of staff including training new staff
- Handle employee issues and discipline when necessary
- Ensure the ongoing commitment of the HACCP program
- Ensure all Hybrid biosecurity, safety, quality and animal welfare procedures are strictly adhered to
- Experience in animal or food production and an overall knowledge of the operations of a hatchery with Incubation and Hatching expertise
- 3+ years general management experience
- A general Bachelor's degree, Community College diploma and Incubation courses
- Demonstrated efficient time management skills
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
- Supervision and training of staff
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a resume via e-mail email@example.com
This job is located in Beatrice, Nebraska USA
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Barbara Novosad by telephone: +1-519-578-2740 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org