We are currently looking for a Junior Geneticist, a highly motivated analytical thinker, who will be involved in the use of state of the art breeding value estimation procedures with focus on using genomic information. You will prepare effective analysis and advice to support our genetic program and will be involved in managing the data flow of the global breeding program. Reporting to the Director of Research and Development the focus of the position will be to guarantee efficient and maximum genetic progress in both the nucleus and customer environment within the America’s.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Execute the technical processes of breeding and product development
- Execute and/or be involved in relevant R&D projects to enhance product development
- Execute analyses to support the global breeding program
- Prepare periodical surveys about genetic progress, test results, and other relevant items
- Assist and support Hypor’s technical, production, sales and other departments about developments in the breeding program and the Hypor products and with interpretation of genetic analysis and genetics related topics
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Market orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Good networking abilities
- Project management skills
- Degree in Animal breeding or Animal science with strong affiliation with breeding and genetics
- Up to 3 years of relevant working experience in the field of animal breeding and/or genetic related research.
- Proven understanding of quantitative genetics and basic knowledge of statistics, swine industry and pig production
- Willingness to work abroad / mobile
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
This job is located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Dianne Carr at +1 306 791 9499 or by email: email@example.com