We are looking to fill a Driver position with Class A CDL License that will be based out of Ephrata, PA. The Driver will work in a team based environment and are responsible for delivery of eggs and poults/chicks to customers within the USA.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Drivers will work in a team based environment
and are responsible for delivery of eggs and poults/chicks
to customers within the USA.
- There will be some
local pick up and deliveries as required at our farms and hatcheries
- The hours are
variable and includes overnight runs (could be as often as once a week). Hours average between 50-60 hours per week.
- Drivers must practice safe loading and unloading procedures
- Must follow all applicable transportation regulates
laws and acts
- Responsible for reporting problems with vehicles to management
- Must learn and properly use ELD's
- 6 months minimum of experience driving with Class A CDL licence/commercial driving experience
- Ability to work in a team driving environment (two drivers in truck at all times)
- Clean driving record is required
- Safe and efficient driver
- Flexible work schedule as hours are variable due to the nature of work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle moderate to heavy physical work
- Professional and positive attitude
- Lifting and bending required
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Attention to temperatures and conditions in trailer to maintain comfort of the load
- Responsible for maintaining accurate DOT logs using our electronic log system
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
This job is located in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Stephanie Scott at 410-603-4657or by email: Stephanie.Scott@hendrix-genetics.com