We are currently looking for a Geneticist, a highly motivated analytical thinker, who will working within our layer business unit and located in Kitchener (Canada). The geneticist will work closely with the global R & D team and plays an integral part in enhancing and developing the genetic potential of the company gene pool. Through the use of state-of-the art scientific tools, as well as traditional animal husbandry techniques, the geneticist ensures that genetic progress is being realized.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Analysis and review of research data collected within the layer business unit in North America.
- Contribute to and be a member of the global Hendrix R & D team.
- Monitoring the breeding program in terms of genetic progress
- Contribute to optimization of the breeding program in terms of traits recorded, data collection, data handling, statistical models, and genetic parameters
- Responsibility for data collection on the recurrent test farms and pure line farms in North America
- Presentations to customers and visitors to support the sales group
- Provide ongoing supervision of the Research Assistants (based in Ontario).
- Contribute to work in poultry houses for data collection & review
- Degree (MSc) in Animal Breeding or Animal Science (focus on genetics)
- Proven understanding of quantitative genetics and basic knowledge of computer programming
- Poultry industry and poultry production knowledge
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Market orientation
- Strong communication skills and good networking abilities
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in poultry houses for data collection & review
- Willingness to travel and/or work abroad
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills, and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast-paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity, and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust, and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs, and challenging work. There is a continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae before June 1, 2018. Please send it to email@example.com.
This job is located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Lidia Picanco at +1-519-578-2740 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the business unit layers
The Business Unit Layers is the world’s leading breeder of brown and white laying hens, which thrive in both traditional and alternative production systems and in different climatic conditions. Our mission is to contribute to profitable and sustainable egg production through continuous improvement of the economic life of laying hens. Our laying hens are available on the market under the brand names Isa, Babcock, Shaver, Hisex, Bovans and Dekalb. Discover more of the history of the company on our website www.hendrix-genetics.com