Hypor is the Swine Business Unit of Hendrix Genetics, a global multi-species animal genetics company dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
We are currently looking for a Global Swine Nutritionist to provide nutrition technical service to both internal and external clients. This highly motivated, solutions oriented individual, will be responsible for the assessment and evaluation of diets to optimize growth, health, and productivity of our Nucleus units and with key customers around the world. In addition, this person will be responsible to work with and advise internal stakeholders and external clients to define and deliver production targets and help them achieve goals.
A self-starter, the ideal candidate will display: superior communication skills; an in-depth knowledge of swine nutrition, formulation and swine management; a responsive and proactive approach to problems; demonstrated expertise in coordinating multiple facilities; knowledge of bio-security and animal welfare issues; and a strong ability to translate corporate vision to production performance.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Further develop and provide ongoing updates of Hypor Nutrition and Feeding Guidelines.
- Provide technical advice to key customers to optimise performance and economic return
- Develop nutritional tools, information, articles, etc. to assist the Sales and Marketing teams in selling Hypor products.
- Assess and guide the feeding programs for Hypor Nucleus Units with focus on cost control
- Undertake business planning projects which may consist of research, trials and product development.
- Assist and work in conjunction with Product Management to develop product positioning, economic analysis and market intelligence with specific focus on the Americas.
- Provide internal training for Hypor Employees
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Market orientation
- Superior communication skills
- Good networking abilities
- Project management skills
- MSc in Animal Science/or Animal Nutrition with emphasis on swine
- Minimum 5 years of experience in swine nutrition and/or research and development programs.
- Familiarity with the use of stochastic growth models, and formulation systems
- Fluency in French or Spanish would be considered an asset.
- The ability to travel up to 40%.
What we offer you
- We offer a competitive compensation package including a group benefit plan and pension plan.
- Hendrix Genetics offers the opportunity to create your own career, both local or international, and personal development through on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is a continuous focus on programs to increase organizational, intercultural, management and leadership awareness.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match he job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
This job is located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, however, the opportunity to work from a home office can be arranged.
To apply by April 15, 2018, forward your resume by email to Careers@hypor.com or by mail to Human Resources Department, Hypor Inc., 402 McDonald Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4N 6E1.
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.
Business Unit Pigs
Within the Business Unit Pigs we supply the best genetics for pork production at the least cost and highest quality and offer our customers tailored business support, which helps achieve real genetic progress and increase total system profitability. Discover more on the Pig breeding program on our website www.hendrix-genetics.com