Hybrid Turkeys LLC is looking to fill a Long Haul Driver position with a Class A CDL license. This position is based out of our Beatrice, Nebraska hatchery. The position requires the ability to travel within the USA with the potential for infrequent trips to Canada. The Driver will be responsible for transporting eggs and poults/chicks to scheduled locations. Excellent customer service skills along with good verbal and written communication is needed to work in a team driving environment. Bringing a safe driving record and a positive attitude will lead to success in this role.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Responsible for driving live product to customers
- Work in a team based environment (two drivers in truck) for overnight trips
- Drive an average of 40 to 45 hours per week (potential for up to 50 hours)
- Some local pick up and deliveries as required at farms and hatcheries
- Practice safe loading and unloading procedures
- Follow all applicable transportation regulations, laws and acts
- Ensure all Hybrid's procedures (biosecurity, safety, quality, animal welfare) are strictly adhered to
- Class A CDL license with a clean driving record
- 6 to 12 months commercial driving experience
- Ability to work in a two team driving environment
- Be a safe and efficient driver
- Have a professional and positive attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and bend as required
- Hold a valid passport
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a resume emailed to: email@example.com
This job is located in Beatrice, Nebraska
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Barbara Novosad at 519-578-2740 ext 245 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.