We are looking to fill a Driver position with Class A CDL License that will be based out of Grand Island, NE. The Driver will work in a team based environment and is responsible for delivery of poults/chicks to customers within the USA.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Driver will work in a team based environment and is responsible for delivery of poults/chicks to customers within the USA.
- There will be some local pick up and deliveries as required at our farms and hatcheries
- The hours are variable and include overnight runs (could be as often as once a week). Hours average between 50-60 hours per week.
- Driver must practice safe loading and unloading procedures
- Driver will be responsible for reporting problems with vehicles to management
- Must learn to operate the ELDs
- At least 6 months minimum of experience driving with Class A CDL license/commercial driving experience
- Ability to work in a team driving environment (two drivers in truck at all times)
- Clean driving record is required
- Safe and efficient driver
- Flexible work schedule as hours are variable due to the nature of the work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle moderate to heavy physical work
- Professional and positive attitude
- Lifting and bending required
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Attention to temperatures and conditions in the trailer to maintain system
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
This job is located in Grand Island, NE
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.
The Business Unit Layers is the world’s leading breeder of brown and white laying hens, which thrive in both traditional and alternative production systems and in different climatic conditions. Our mission is to contribute to profitable and sustainable egg production through continuous improvement of the economic life of laying hens. Our laying hens are available on the market under the brand names Isa, Babcock, Shaver, Hisex, Bovans and Dekalb. Discover more of the history of the company on our website www.hendrix-genetics.com