The Transportation Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the Transportation Services and all of the related activities required for the USA operation. It involves the management of third party contractors, company fleet vehicles, small number of company drivers, and the delivery of our products to our customers (eggs, poults, meat birds, spec flocks, etc.). The position is based out Beresford, SD but will also travel to the company sites within the USA.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Overall management of all transportation related services required for the USA operation
- Develop strategic direction for all transportation services
- Responsible for the weekly scheduling & organization of third party trucking services
- Working with third party service to ensure trucks are in good order and ongoing training & development
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of annual budgets
- Ensure all Hybrid's procedures (biosecurity, safety, quality, animal welfare) are strictly adhered to
- Responsible for vehicle leasing, registration and licensing
- Work with poult truck suppliers to ensure maintenance schedule and issues are dealt with
- Collaboration with internal logistics, hatchery and farm departments
- Maintain drug / alcohol test compliance program for drivers
- Deal with driver issues and discipline when necessary
- Maintain proper fuel tax reporting
- Ensure proper delivery of product to customer
- Community College Diploma
- 3 - 5+ years transportation specific experience with live animals or food products
- Contractor and staff supervision and management
- Extensive knowledge of transportation and trucking
- Experience with trucking contractors
- Knowledge related to licensing, DOT and OSHA compliance regulations
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
This job is located in Beresford, South Dakota
To Apply: If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your cover letter, together with a resume. Send to: email@example.com
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Barbara Novosad at 1-519-578-2740 ext 245
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.
The Business Unit Turkeys develops products that consistently meet and exceed the expectations of our clients around the globe. With roughly half of the world's turkey genetics, we are a global leader. Discover more on the Business Unit Turkeys on our website www.hendrix-genetics.com