The Staff Veterinarian is responsible for the design, implementation and execution of the company’s health programs for the US based operation. This is done by taking a proactive approach on all health related issues and working with operational staff to ensure required health status. As a licensed and accredited veterinarian, this position is required to work with internal departments and to also to liaise with government officials as required for export and/or health issues. Job is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota area.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Design, implementation & execution of the company's health programs
- Provide training, guidance and support of operational staff & contract partners in the execution of health programs
- Provide veterinary services for Hybrid Turkeys LLC operations in the USA
- Government relations including NPIP, State boards and federal departments
- Work closely with operational managers from farms, hatcheries, lab and transportation
- Active involvement in Quality, Animal Welfare, Biosecurity and other audits
- Provide customer support
- Project work related to veterinary initiatives, sustainability, animal welfare, antibiotic use
- Travel to company operations throughout the USA for execution of job function
- Collaborate with business unit veterinary group to enhance and improve the health of all flocks
- Licensed DVM within the USA. Eligible for licensure within the Midwest states
- 3 - 5+ years practical veterinary experience with poultry
- Knowledge of animal diseases, health & medicine
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to relate to various cultures, as well as staff at all levels
- Apply theoretical knowledge into practical operational support
- Highly organized and ability to plan
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
This job is located in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area.
To Apply: If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your cover letter, together with a resume. Send to: email@example.com
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact Barbara Novosad at 1-519-578-2740 ext 245.
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.
The Business Unit Turkeys develops products that consistently meet and exceed the expectations of our clients around the globe. With roughly half of the world's turkey genetics, we are a global leader. Discover more on the Business Unit Turkeys on our website www.hendrix-genetics.com