Managing all Layer PL, (G)PS and commercial stock activities in the area with the aim to achieve budget targets and to consolidate, develop and expand activities in responsible area conform BU strategy and business plans as set out from time to time.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Develops and optimizes the organization structure by the establishment of internal processes, methodologies, control systems, control and reporting;
- Together with the BU Layers Management Team involved in defining strategy and long term action plans for BU Layers;
- Define and execute strategy and action plans in the responsible area in line with the overall BU Layers strategy;
- Profit responsible;
- Business development and Key Account management / acquisition;
- Manage all the business operational activities like purchasing, production, sales, internal sales and marketing in cooperation with functional Directors at BU level;
- Realizing synergies between the operating companies within the area;
- Take care of contacts with third parties, authorities, governmental bodies, education institutes, etc. unless it is already covered at HG group level;
- Prepares the annual budget and manages budget, forecast, expenses, debtor control, margin and cost control etc in accordance with the financial policies and procedures of BU Layers / Hendrix Genetics;
- Maintain a productive, collaborative functioning relationship with other Area Directors, Global staff departments and Hendrix Genetics’ central services in area (if applicable).
Education: Bachelor/Master degree, preferably in agriculture related studies.
Experience: At least 10 years of relevant management experience ideally gained in agri/food business.
Knowledge needed: General business knowledge. Knowledge of Agri Food Value Chains / Markets in area.
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills, and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast-paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity, and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust, and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs, and challenging work. There is a continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, please send your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae to David Dixon (email@example.com) of Michael Page.
This job is located in Bangkok, Thailand.
Business Unit Layers
The Business Unit Layers is the world’s leading breeder of brown and white laying hens, which thrive in both traditional and alternative production systems and in different climatic conditions. Our mission is to contribute to profitable and sustainable egg production through continuous improvement of the economic life of laying hens. Our laying hens are available on the market under the brand names Isa, Babcock, Shaver, Hisex, Bovans and Dekalb. Discover more of the history of the company on our website www.hendrix-genetics.com