What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Manages all aspects of hatchery. Supervise and assign tasks to staff at the location to ensure efficient production.
- Communicate and Coordinate product flow among Location Manager, Flock Manager, and customers.
- Oversee and ensure all operations are documented and performed in the Mtech ERP-system.
- Implement and develop animal welfare oriented workforce with a focus on quality to our customer.
- Maintains oversight of inventories of products needed for production of day old Chicks.
- Manages oversight of incubation processes for the hatchery including familiarizing and learning the operation of 30 P120 single stage setters and 18 P40 hatchers, ventilation systems, and all other systems in the facility.
- Oversee Maintenance Staff and maintains facility in excellent working order.
- Handles communications of any and all emergency breakdown situations and work in conjunction with management to minimize down time and effects on production systems and customers.
- Oversee on call weekend checks and assignment of responsibilities for the facility. Schedules appropriate staff for this function.
- Coordinate communication with management regarding needed capital investments and schedules of such investments.
- Implement and assist in development of S.O.P.’s for the hatchery.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- 5 year experience managing poultry related operations.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods on hard surfaces.
- Ability to lift, stoop, kneel, crouch and lay on concrete as needed for prolonged period of time.
- Ability to work well in a group.
- Leadership qualities.
- Desire to excel in your position.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced, indoor, environment.
- Past hatchery experience and multilingual capabilities of English and Spanish are a positive.
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills, and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast-paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity, and initiative as part our global team of more than 2800 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust, and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs, and challenging work. There is a continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your cover letter, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
This job is located in Ephrata, PA, USA.
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 2800 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfill our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.